Saturday, July 18, 2009

Goldbergs' Delicatessen



Hey everyone. This morning I picked up my mom and treated her to a nice brunch at Goldbergs Delicatessen in the Factoria Mall (Bellevue). I've actually been there before, but I haven't rated it on this food blog. So, here we go.

The moment you step into this place, you know you're in a different type of restaurant. It's not like a normal family restaurant since it has a fully stocked bar near the middle and a full deli/store near the front entrance. The interior is adourned with various, colorful artwork with a very New York theme for very good reason......it is a New York-style deli.




This place serves up stacked sandwiches that melt in your mouth. As I perused the menu, I was eyeing the mouth-watering specialty sandwiches like the reuben and the hot corned beef (or hot pastrami) and chopped liver sandwich, which I ordered. As an accompaniment, they serve up a side of freshly sliced quartered pickles (light and dark). My sandwich came out stacked with warm corned beef and cool lettuce and tomato. On the side was a small cup of tangy, sweet slaw, which is a great addition. I plan to try out the reuben next time.


OK, now for my 5-doughnut rating system:
  • Service, 3.5 doughnuts= We were promptly seated once we entered the establishment, and our drinks were immediately served shortly thereafter. The waitresses checked up on us frequently enough whenever we needed drink refills or condiments, but not so often that they were bothersome.
  • Atmosphere/Location, 4 doughnuts= I really like the interior of this restaurant. It's definitely different and interesting with the decor. The inside deli/store and bar add a different feel to the restaurant as a whole. The location is pretty nice....right in the middle of a mall. I have to say that I normally don't visit this mall that often, since I only go there for Target, and now Goldbergs!
  • Food Presentation, 3 doughnuts= The food is very tasty, but the presentation is that of just a sliced sandwich that you'd get at any other deli.
  • Taste, 4 doughnuts= Like I said, the food was very tasty. I eat pretty much anything, so my taste buds are a lot different than others. The corned beef and chopped liver (especially the liver) might not seem appealing to most people, but I liked it. The chopped liver reminds me of a brown Filipino sauce that is served up with lechon. Anyway, sorry for straying. The pickles compliment the food with a tart taste and crunchy texture.
  • Cost/Value, 3 doughnuts= Some of the specialty sandwiches are kinda pricey. You can get about $13-$14 for a sandwich with one side. I'm not sure if that's a great deal or not. It was good, but might be better if they shaved off about $2.
  • Originality, 4 doughnuts= I don't know of another New York style deli/store/restaurant around here. If there is one, I don't know if it's this good. The interior is fun and relaxing at the same time.
  • Overall, 4 doughnuts= I really like this place. The service, food, and atmosphere are great. I'll go there again.

So, go check out Goldbergs Delicatessen at the Factoria Mall in Bellevue/Renton.

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment