Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wallingford Wurst Festival




Hey everyone. Sorry it took so long to post another food blog. Anyway, here are some pics of my visit at the annual Wallingford Wurst Festival. The "Wurst" part actually stands for bratwurst. After I heard it the was "Wurst" Festival, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go. But, after it was explained to me, I decided to try it out. The purpose of this event was to raise money for a big Catholic school/church. Since it's technically a "food" festival, I decided to post it here.

Anyway, there was a lot of food (sorry, I'm missing some pics), arts & crafts vendors, & a big bake sale & salmon bake dinner. I just had some noodles and lumpia from a Filipino food vendor. Check out the cool pics below. Enjoy!








7 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than a good "wurst"-Bratwurst , I mean :-) We have friends who live in Germany and we have enjoyed a delicious variety of bratwursts over the years.
    The food festival looks like a good way to spend an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Velva. I'm sure the bratwursts over in Germany are really authentic. You're right though, thre is nothing like a good wurst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, rather humorous name for the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, it is a funny name. When one of my friends told me about it, I thought it was the "worst" festival. I was thinking to myself...."Why would I want to go to the "worst" festival?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I am excited to be apart of the foodie blog roll I wasn't expecting it : ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your blog - Great to see photos of other places so different from where I live

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I'm always interested in what other people are cooking up and where these dishes come from (I'm a big foodie). That's the beauty of having a food blog and being on the Foodie Blog Roll List. I enjoyed your blog as well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete